Do you love the sport of skiing/riding, enjoy sharing it with others, and want to help our guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience at Gore Mountain? BECOME A GORE MOUNTAIN HOST!
As a member of the Mountain Host Team at Gore your primary responsibility will be assisting guests to the best of your ability with a positive, enthusiastic attitude while always keeping safety as the number one objective.
• Attend annual pre-season meeting, and any other required meetings and trainings.
• Be punctual for all assignments.
• Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
• Be knowledgeable of all Gore Mt. Programs, facilities, and policies.
• Represent Gore Mountain in a positive way both on and off the mountain.
• Commit to 18 days (Weekend or Holiday days).
• Hours are 7:45 AM to 4:15 PM (45 minutes off for lunch or free skiing).
The Gore Mountain Host Team is visible and accessible around the mountain to assist guests with information, crowd control, program organization and more. Both in the lodges and out on the mountain, Hosts are visible employees, making them a vital part of Gore's public relations and image. It is your responsibility to always try to exceed the expectations of Gore's guests.
Privileges & Benefits
All Hosts receive a season pass for themselves. Your employee season pass is also good for lift privileges at Whiteface and Belleayre Mountains. Opportunities for additional comp tickets to use for family and friends are also available. Family pass privileges are available in second and subsequent seasons of employment (some restrictions apply). Other privileges include discounts on food, purchases in the Gore retail shop, and complimentary lessons in our ski and snowboard school. Locker room facilities for equipment storage are also available for Hosts.
Come join us on Sunday, March 24, to meet some of our Host staff and learn more about the Mountain Host job. Come prepared to ski or snowboard. Meet 9am in the Northwoods Lodge, downstairs at the ticket sales desk.
Gore Mountain Ski Area is looking for skilled customer service representatives to join our team as a Mountain Host for the 2018-19 ski season. Gore Mountain Hosts are highly visible and accessible around the base area and on the mountain to assist guests with information, directions, crowd control, program assistance and more.
We are looking for enthusiastic skiers and/or snowboarders with excellent listening and problem-solving skills to help our guests enjoy their day skiing/riding at Gore Mountain. Successful candidates will have a positive and compassionate attitude for Gore Mountain and the Gore Mountain guests.
Mountain Host Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- greet guests upon their arrival in the base area
- assist guests in the rental shop with the process to get gear and fitting boots
- provide information for guests at Saddle Lodge and top of Gondola
- assist with traffic flow at ticket sales stations
- ride lifts with students in lessons
- provide information regarding snow sports lessons and programs
- assist skiers/riders on trails with w/ getting up after falls and putting gear back on
- represent Gore Mountain in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the mountain
- excellent verbal communication skills
- friendly, smiling, outgoing personality
- ability to problem solve
- general knowledge of Gore Mountain trails, programs, products
- empathy and compassion for guests
- ability to remain courteous and professional with guests at all times
- non-paid position, with privileges to include Gore Season pass for the employee, and opportunities for complimentary lift tickets for employee family use
- minimum of 20 work days per season, consisting of only weekends and holidays mid-week
Gore Mountain invites you to join our team, offering full and part-time positions in several departments.
Take our EZ Apply survey, and we'll be in touch with more info on this season's job opportunities.
Sell lift tickets, season passes, frequent skier products and lessons, answer phones, and must have excellent customer service skills. Requires knowledge of computers and Gore Mountain.
Lift Operators & Lift Attendants
Provide guests with safe, efficient, and courteous loading and unloading of lifts. Attendants are responsible for maintaining ramps as well as scanning season passes and lift tickets.
Terrain Park Attendants
Maintain terrain park features as well as working with mountain operations.
Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Teach both children and adults to ski and snowboard. Click to learn more about our Instructor Training Course on November 24-25!
Adaptive Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Teach both children and adults with disabilities to ski and snowboard. Click to learn more about our Instructor Training Course on November 24-25!
Offer guests information and assistance, such as the location of ticket sales desks and rental shop, trail locations, lesson times, etc., to help them have a great experience on the mountain.
Groom trails and operate snowcats, primarily at night. Heavy equipment experience preferred, knowledge of skiing/riding and ski slopes needed.
Check snowmaking equipment (valves, water lines, etc.) and reposition snow guns on the mountain. Knowledge of ski trails needed.
Parking Lot Supervisor
Supervise and train parking staff. Oversee and coordinate the parking department at the resort. This department involves the safe and smooth flow of traffic up and down the road, directing traffic and safely position vehicles to park. Also includes snow removal.
Parking Lot Attendants
Looking for people that enjoy being outside and possess a helpful personality! This position involves the safe and smooth flow of traffic up and down the road, directing traffic and safely position vehicles to park.
Shuttle Bus Operators
Transport our guests from parking lots to Lodges or North Creek Ski Bowl. Must have a valid driver license with a minimum of CDL Class B.
Building Maintenance Workers
Perform various light maintenance, labor and construction tasks, including shoveling snow and clearing walkways around base lodges. General maintenance background a plus.
Clean lodges and facilities, remove trash and recycling, and restock materials and as needed.
Gore Mountain offers a friendly work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Centerplate positions available at Gore Mountain include:
Food Service Staff
Cooks, Cashiers, Servers, Bussers, Dishwashers
Pub & Restaurant Staff
Chef, Cooks, Bussers, Dishwashers