Safety is a top priority at Gore. Always remind yourself of the Responsibility Code below- these basic tips make for a fun and safe day out on the mountain. Our safety policy also below, as well as tips for safe use of terrain parks and lifts, and glade guidelines.
Users shall adhere to all closures, warning signs and ropes at all times as well as all rules and regulations set forth in the Skier's Responsibility Code and Safety In Skiing Code Part 54 of Title 12 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York (12 NYCRR Part 54). NYS Skiers Responsibility Code
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Safety Policies at Gore Mountain
- Uphill travel is prohibited.
- Drones are not permitted on the mountain.
- No transporting a child on your person when skiing or snowboarding (no baby packs, kids on shoulders, etc).
Park Smart Tips
Using our freestyle areas? Please note the quick points below and spend a moment watching the Smart Style video.
- START SMALL - Work your way up. Build your skills.
- MAKE A PLAN - Every feature. Every time.
- ALWAYS LOOK - Before you drop.
- RESPECT - The features and other users.
- TAKE IT EASY - Know your limits. Land on your feet.
- Need assistance? The smallest kids should load closest to the attendant. Ask the lift attendant for help if needed, that is what they're here for!
- Remove your pack and carry it in your lap on the ride. Secure any loose straps before loading and unloading. Do not use phones, music, or games while loading or unloading.
- It's ok to miss a chair. Wait for the next one.
- When loading, watch for the approaching chair. Then sit to the back once seated.
- Drop something? Let it fall. Any item can be picked up later.
- Absolutely no horseplay on the lifts.
Heading into the glades? Remember these tips for a safe and enjoyable adventure.
- Keep your goggles on and pole straps off.
- Don't go into the glades alone. Always bring a buddy.
- New to the glades? Ask about our specialty lessons and tree clinics.
- Start with blue square glades and shorter routes. Work your way up!
Additional Safety Reminders
- Bringing the kids? Have a plan should you get separated. If they get lost, children should go to the base of the nearest lift and let the attendant know.
- Safety first. Orient yourself to our patrol station locations and program our daytime emergency number into your phone: (518) 251-3838.
- Please be aware of construction, maintenance vehicles and heavy equipment, and obey any posted warnings.