Snow Sports Instructor Training Course
The Gore Mountain Snow Sports School will be conducting our annual "Instructor Training Course" (ITC) November 25-26, 2017. If you want to see what it takes to be an instructor at Gore Mountain, this 2-day clinic is an opportunity for you to gain skills and knowledge about teaching and coaching skiing/snowboarding/cross country . We'll also help you improve your own personal skiing/riding skills.
During the 2 days you will learn an overall view of how to teach, what to teach, and when to teach or coach certain skills. You will also receive individual feedback on your personal skiing/riding.
At the end of the 2-day clinic, we will announce who we would like to offer ski/snowboard instructor positions to for the 2017-2018 season. If you successfully meet our requirements and are offered a position as an instructor, training will continue throughout the season and during your employment.
Responsibilities of an Instructor
- Teach children and adults of various ability levels to ski or snowboard
- Teach all lessons in a safe, supportive manner while keeping it fun!
- Perform teaching assignments and other related tasks as assigned
- Abide by policies and procedures of Gore Mountain
- Continue professional development by attending in-house training clinics
- Maintain a level of fitness to perform all work duties; teaching skiing/riding is a physical job. Must be able to lift minimum of 30 lbs.
- Maintain a professional appearance and professional conduct at all times – a must!
Requirements & Qualifications of an Instructor
- Commitment to an approved calendar of work days, including peak holiday periods, weekends, and other times of high business volume
- Work minimum of 25 days from Christmas Holiday period thru mid-March, with minimum weekend requirements
- Minimum age of 16 years or older by December 1, 2017
- Solid black ski/snowboard pants in good repair (we provide uniform jacket)
- Modern ski/snowboard equipment in good repair
- Enthusiasm, patience, passion for snow sports, friendly personality, and a sense of humor!
- Competent skiing/riding skills on all Blue Square terrain and some Black Diamond terrain
- Reliable transportation to work, on time, each scheduled work day
Employee benefits and privileges
- Hourly pay compensation; rate commensurate with PSIA/AASI certification
- Season Pass for employee
- Opportunity for complimentary lift tickets available for friends/family
- Discounted rates in Snow Sports programs for family
- Discounts on food
Instructor Training Course
Date: November 25-26, 2017
Sign in: 8am-8:30am in the Tannery Pub & Restaurant, Base Lodge
On-Snow Clinic: 9am-3:30pm (with lunch break)
Open To: Skiers and Snowboarders, ages 16 or older on or before December 1, 2017
Cost: $25, includes 2-day clinic & 2-day lift ticket
For more information, please contact:
Gail Setlock, Snow Sports School Director
(518) 251-2411, x1043
Gore Mountain Snow Sports School is a PSIA/AASI member school. For more information on our professional organization, Professional Ski Instructors of America and/or American Association of Snowboard Instructors, visit www.psia-e.org for the Eastern site or www.thesnowpros.org for the national site.