Nordic Event Calendar
Gore Happily Welcomes Athletes & Coaches, along with their Families, Fans, & Spectators to Upcoming Nordic Events at The North Creek Ski Bowl:
HURT Nordic Junior Training Camp
Saturday-Sunday, November 30-December 1
Saturday-Sunday, December 7-8
- NYSSRA Community Race (10K Classic) - Saturday 9am
- Section 2 Opener High School Race (5K Classic) - Saturday 11am (open to all teams)
- NYSSRA Sprint Race (1.5K Skate) - Sunday 9:30am
Hosted by Hudson United Race Team (HURT), Saturday's event will entail a distance Nordic race in the classic technique for Juniors, Seniors, and Master aged skiers! There will also be a Bill Koch Youth Ski League race on Saturday. Sunday will feature a 1.5-kilometer skate sprint race, also open to Juniors, Seniors, and Masters. All racers will begin by skiing the 1.5K loop to get a time (prologue), then the fastest racers will advance to the final rounds of heats.
Gore Mountain Snow Shoe Race
Sunday, December 15
Learn To Cross-Country Ski Weekend
Saturday-Sunday, January 4-5
Citizens Series (tentative)
Tuesdays starting in January, dates TBA
Community Cross-Country/Snowshoe Race Series & Twilight Fun at the Nordic Center!
Check back for details and registration information.
Full Moon Party
Friday, January 10
Please check back for details.
Mid-Atlantic Junior National Qualifiers
Saturday-Sunday, January 18-19
- NYSSRA Masters/Open race. Start time - 9am
- Modified/Beginner race. Start time - 9:45am
- JNQ/NYSSRA Girls followed by High School Girls. Start time - 10:30am
- JNQ/NYSSRA Boys followed by High School Boys. Start time - 11:45am
- NYSSRA Masters/Open 10K. Start time - 9:30am
- NYSSRA Masters/Open 10K. Start time - 10:15am
- NYSSRA U-16 Boys/Girls 6.6K. Start time - 11am
- Bill Koch Youth Ski League. Start time - 11:30am
There are three sets of qualifier race weekends for the Mid-Atlantic Junior National Ski Team. Once again, some of the best Junior Nordic racers from across the state will be returning to Gore to compete for a spot on the Mid-Atlantic Junior National team. This season will mark the third year Gore has held a Junior National Qualifier weekend. Saturday will entail a distance classic race and Sunday will entail a distance freestyle (skate) race. Hosted by HURT Nordic and part of the NYSSRA Nordic (New York State Ski Racing Associated) race series, there will also be Senior and Master age categories as part of each race day.
Section 2 Nordic Championships (tentative)
Wednesday, February 19
Saturday-Sunday, February 22-23
This race weekend serves as the championships for the Eastern Collegiate Ski Conference (ECSC). Consisting of 18-20 colleges, each team will face off both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's race will be a skate spring and Sunday's will be a classic distance race.
NENSA Eastern High School Championships
Friday-Sunday, March 13-15
- Girls 5K Freestyle. Start time - 3pm
- Boys 5K Freestyle. Start time - 4pm
- Girls 7.5K Classic Race. Start time - 9:30am
- Boys 7.5K Classic Race. Start time - 10:30am
- Girls 1.25K Cross-Country Cross Race. Start time - 2pm
- Boys 1.25K Cross-Country Cross Race. Start time - 2:30pm
- 4X 3.3K Mixed Relay. Start time - 10am
This championship weekend features some of the most talented high school Nordic skiers from New England and New York State. Each skier will be on a team representing their home state. Each state team will battle for three days to determine which state comes out on top. In addition to the interstate competition, skiers will be competing for individual honors.
Keep checking back. More Nordic events & Learn To Cross-Country Ski dates will be added here, as they are confirmed.