Mountain Bike Skills Development Camp
Our 2019 Mountain Bike Skills Development Camps are happening on Saturdays- July 13, August 10, & September 21 (join us for one or all of these camps). All day and morning-only options available!
Enjoy the thrills and excitement of biking down and around the mountain, through wooded trails, over rocks, logs and stream beds. Learn to ride with more control, climb more efficiently, and descend with more confidence. Our skills development clinics offer cross-country and downhill mountain biking instruction for beginner and intermediate riders, ages 10 & up.
Join us for the all-day clinic- lift access is included with an option for lunch to be provided. Or choose to join us for the morning-only session, 9am-Noon. You'll work on
- positioning, balance, and techniques for climbing and riding downhill, as well as cornering and making tight turns
- riding through a slalom course
- riding over rocks, roots, and logs
- putting your bike into a controlled skid
- effective braking
- learning bike safety practices
A look at the day's agenda...
8:30-9:00am Register at the ticket desk in the Northwoods Lodge.
9:00am Kick off your day in our agility park improving your bike handling skills. Then we'll head to the Ski Bowl to ride the cross-country trails there, applying the new skills learned in the agility park.
Noon Morning session ends. All-day participants break for lunch- bring your own, or select the option to include lunch and yours will be provided.
12:45pm Back at it for more riding on either the Ski Bowl trails or some of Gore's cross-country trails in the base area. Ready for a challenge? We'll take you and your bike up the lift to explore some of our more challenging downhill terrain, or continue with the Ski Bowl's cross-country trails.
3:30pm Camp ends- thanks for joining us. Enjoy your new skill set!
What to bring and wear...
- Mountain bike: In good repair, preferably with full suspension. Front fork suspension is required, 'hard-tail' (no rear suspension) is acceptable.
- Helmet! Everyone must wear a helmet. Make sure your helmet fits properly, and the chinstrap is snug.
- Bring plenty of Water stored in a bottle or hydration pack. You may want to bring Snacks with you for breaks on the mountain.
- Clothing: Mountain bike shorts preferred. Avoid loose pants that may get caught in your bike chain. T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt, pending weather. A light jacket may be needed pending temperatures. You'll get warm quickly when riding the trails!
- Footwear: Biking shoes or supportive trail shoes or sneakers with good tread are recommended.
- Biking gloves are recommended- padding or gel in key areas of the palm make gripping the handlebars more comfortable and reduce risk of blisters.
Advanced registration is encouraged, click a button below to register online or print a registration form. Walk-ups are also welcome.
If you have selected the option with lunch included, yours will be provided. This lunch will include:
• Choice of Hamburger, Hot Dog, or Deli Sandwich (ham or turkey)
• Choice of Potato Chips, Doritos, or Fritos
• Freshly Baked Cookie
• Bottled Water or Soft Drink
Please let us know of any dietary restrictions in advance.