There's no place on earth quite like the Adirondack Park, and there's no place in the Adirondack Park quite like the Adirondack Experience. We tell the stories of the people—past and present—who have lived, worked, and played in the region. Your Adirondack experience won't be complete without a visit to the Adirondack Museum!
WE'RE OPEN - Check out what's NEW for 2019-
- Curious Creatures: Taxidermy in the Adirondacks
- Private Views: Collecting the Adirondacks (19th century landscape paintings)
- ADKX Boathouse: Opening in July! The Minnow Pond Trail leads to the boathouse where visitors have the unique opportunity to rent a skiff, guideboat, or canoe.
Mark your calendar and join us for some or all of this season's special events:
- Cabin Fever Sunday - Adirondack Life's Our Towns - June 1
- Cabin Fever Sunday - Who's There: An Adirondack Backyard Biological Survey - June 7
- Made in the Adirondack North Country Fair - July 20
- Benefit Gala and Harold K. Hochschild Award - July 27
- Veteran Appreciation Day - August 10
- American Mountain Men Rendezvous - August 9-10
- NEW Rolling 'Round the 'Dacks - August 17
- NEW Mohawk and Abenaki Art Market - August 24
- Rustic Furniture Fair - September 7-8
- Antiques Benefit Preview - September 13
- Antiques Show and Sale - September 14
- FallFest - September 29
Check our website for more information about our special exhibits, events, and more!