Our Freeheel Festival is a great day to try tele for the first time or improve your skills with our highly discounted clinics! We also have a fun tele race with great prizes! A great warm-up to our Skins Race on Saturday, February 23.
We'll have more skis than ever before this year, but we always run out quickly! Try out demo skis from K2, Icelantic, & Black Diamond, as well as boots from Garmont, Black Diamond, & Scarpa. Note that demos are NOT rentals- they are limited in supply and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please be prepared to surrender credit card & drivers license as security for demo skis.
- 8:30 Tele Race registration open in the Base Lodge until 9:45am.
- 9:45 Beginner Clinic meets
- 10:00 Tele Race starts on The Arena course
- 1:15 Intermediate/Expert Clinic meets
- 2:00 - 6:00 Head to the Tannery Pub to enjoy live music, have a drink, and celebrate your day!
- Telemark Clinics are 90 minutes! Discounted lesson registration is available at the Snow Sports Desk in the Northwoods Lodge. Please note that beginner clinics gather at 9:45am, and intermediate/advanced clinics gather at 1:15pm.
- Tele Race will be held on The Arena at 10am. Racers are required to make giant slalom telemark turns on moderate, rolling terrain. In addition, two offset "roundhouse style" gates looping uphill must be negotiated, and the clock starts ticking before you've put on your skis. Your best time of two runs determines place. Register in the middle of the Base Lodge, Upper Level, 8:30am-9:45am. $5 per racer.
- A lift ticket or season pass is required for any of the above activities.
- Please don’t plan on using demo skis and boots as rentals.
- Rentals are available at the following outfitters prior to the event.