Safety is a top priority at Gore. Always remind yourself of the Responsibility Code below- these basic tips make for a fun and safe day out on the mountain.
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Using our freestyle areas? Please note the quick points below and spend a moment watching the Smart Style video.
- START SMALL - Work your way up. Build your skills.
- MAKE A PLAN - Every feature. Every time.
- ALWAYS LOOK - Before you drop.
- RESPECT - The features and other users.
- TAKE IT EASY - Know your limits. Land on your feet.
Bringing the kids? Have a plan should you get separated. If they get lost, children should go to the base of the nearest lift and let the attendant know.
Safety first. Orient yourself to our patrol station locations and program our daytime emergency number into your phone: (518) 251-3838.
Sorry, neither drones nor uphill travel are permitted at Gore.