A look at our milestones and special occasions over 80 years!
- 1934 The first snow train, carrying 378 winter enthusiasts, arrives in North Creek at 10:30am from Schenectady on March 4. Round trip $1.50.
- 1934 Ski Patrol at Gore Mountain was formed, one of the first of its kind and served as a model for patrols all over the world. Lois Perret was the leader of the volunteer first aid committee. "Be careful, and think while you ski."
- 1946 3000' t-bar is installed at the North Creek Ski Bowl, servicing 830 vertical feet.
- 1964 Gore Mountain is developed, featuring a j-bar, a t-bar, and for the more advanced, a double chair, the longest lift in the East.
- 1967 The first gondola in New York State is installed at Gore Mountain. It remains New York's only gondola until 1999.
- 1976 Gore Mountain installs its first snowmaking system on four trails: Sleeping Bear, Sunway, Showcase, and Cloud.
- 1984 Gore Mountain installs the"Adirondack Express," a high-speed triple,the only lift of its kind in the Eastern US.
- 1995 "The Rumor" opens on February 9. This trail has 70% pitch and is one of the steepest trails in the East, designed for experts only.
- 1996 Gore Mountain taps the mighty Hudson River for a snowmaking water source and quadruples snowmaking capabilities.
- 1999 The Northwoods Gondola replaces the 1967 "Old Red Gondola." The high-speed eight-passenger lift is named SKI Magazine's "Best New Lift" and transports guests to the summit of Bear Mountain.
- 2002 The Topridge Area is introduced on Bear Mountain, including a lift and four new trails. Providing service from the Straightbrook Valley, Topridge transforms the Gore Mountain experience.
- 2003 The North Creek Ski Bowl is opened by Gore Mountain for lift-service tubing.
- 2006 "Ruby Run," a new beginner trail off the Northwoods Gondola is added, offering beginners 1700' vertical feet and 2.2 miles of continuous skiing and riding.
- 2007 Gore Mountain opens the new Northwoods Lodge. " Village Chair," the first-ever aerial chairlift at the North Creek Ski Bowl, is installed for day/night skiing and snowboarding.
- 2008 New terrain serviced by a high-speed quad opens on Burnt Ridge Mountain, increasing Gore's vertical to 2300'.
- 2011 Gore Mountain opens the "Hudson Chair," completing its interconnect with the Historic North Creek Ski Bowl on Little Gore Mountain, and further developing its fourth peak of terrain.