General Duties: Manage the day-to-day operations of the Children's Learning Center, ensuring the safety, fun, and well-being of the children taking lessons in our fast paced Mtn Adventure daily lesson program.
Program Description: Gore Mountain's children's program is an important and successful entity of the Gore Mountain Snow Sports School. The program, known as Mountain Adventure (Mtn Adv), offers full-day and 2 hour lessons for children skiers and snowboarders, ages 4 – 12. Both ski & snowboard instructors teach a variety of lessons in our children's program, ranging in ability from beginner to advanced. The Mtn Adv Program Supervisor reports directly to the Snow Sports School Director.
- Work as a team member with other Supervisors and Mtn Adv admin staff
- Manage registration and check-in of children
- Ensure rental gear set up and provided to children
- Group children by age and ability into appropriate lesson classes
- Assign instructors to lessons
- Assign POD leaders to work areas
- Coordinate lunch delivery with kitchen staff
- Speak w/ parents about children's progress or issues
- Oversee children's lessons out on beginner hill and novice terrain
- Teach lessons as needed, provide on-the-job coaching/training to instructors
Other Job Responsibilities: Coordinate pre-season organizational needs for Mtn Adv, including staff needs, purchasing items, planning program needs, etc. Train staff according to Gore Mountain and PSIA methodologies. Consult Snow Sports School Director regarding program needs, changes, issues. Work both indoors with program organization and outdoors teaching and training to make this program successful. Work with other Ski and Snowboard Supervisors to ensure fair and equitable usage of the Learning Center beginner terrain.
- Ability to supervise and delegate work duties to staff
- Work as a team member with other supervisors to ensure staffing for all programs
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook, and working w/ data base systems
- Ability to interact with children in the program and their parents
The Mtn Adv Program Supervisor will be an energetic, experienced and educated ski or snowboard coach. The candidate will also have experience in supervising and/or managing employees.
Length of Service: The Mtn Adv Program Supervisor is a full time seasonal position. Days off (midweek) to be determined. Mtn Adv Program Supervisor will work weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, preferred
- PSIA/AASI level 2 or 3 certification and CS1 certificate preferred
- Managerial experience: supervising staff, scheduling, counseling staff as needed
- Enthusiasm and energetic nature
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Professionalism - a must!
Position: Mountain Adventure Program Supervisor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full time, seasonal (mid November – mid April)
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Gore Mountain invites you to join our team, offering full and part-time positions in several departments.
Parking Lot Attendants
Provide parking instructions to guests as they arrive and depart.
Lift Operators & Lift Attendants
Provide guests with safe, efficient and courteous loading and unloading of lifts. Attendants are responsible for maintaining ramps as well as scanning season passes and lift tickets.
Tube Park Attendants
Operate assigned position at the Tube Park safely and efficiently while providing guests with courteous and friendly service.
Terrain Park Attendants
Maintain terrain park features as well as working with mountain operations.
Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Teach both children and adults to ski and snowboard. Click here for registration information for our 2-day hiring clinic in November.
Adaptive Ski & Snowboard Instructors
Teach both children and adults with disabilities to ski and snowboard.
Groom trails and operate snow cats, primarily at night. Heavy equipment experience preferred, knowledge of skiing/riding and ski slopes needed.
Check snowmaking equipment (valves, water lines, etc.) and reposition snow guns on the mountain. Knowledge of ski trails needed.
Shuttle Bus Operators
Transport our guests from parking lots to Lodges or North Creek Ski Bowl. Must have a valid driver license with a minimum of CDL Class B.
Sell lift tickets, season passes, frequent skier products and lessons, answer phones, and must have excellent customer service skills. Requires knowledge of computers and Gore Mountain.
Clean lodges and facilities, remove trash and recycling, and restock materials and as needed.
Click here to download an employment application for all Gore Mountain positions.
Centerplate positions available at Gore Mountain include:
Food Service Staff
Cooks, Cashiers, Servers, Bussers, Dishwashers
Pub & Restaurant Staff
Chef, Cooks, Bussers, Dishwashers
Ski & Snowboard Rental Technicians, Boot Fitters
Click here to download an employment application for all Centerplate positions.
Gore offers a friendly work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer.